Car shudders when accelerating and going uphill, seems li...

Q: Car shudders when accelerating and going uphill, seems like a loss of power, particularly around 1500 rpms.

asked by on November 09, 2017

When I’m accelerating sometimes my car will shudder or shake, seems like it’s coming from the engine area. It happens more often when I’m traveling uphill, but it sometimes happens in regular conditions. I’ve noticed that it typically happens around 1500 rpm. If I give it more gas I can get it to stop sometimes, but it feels like it’s struggling for power.

Hi Zach. Thanks for contacting us tonight. There are multiple things that can cause a shaking or vibrating issue like you’ve described. The most common source of this issue is a loose vacuum line or even loose or faulty motor mounts. It is also possible that your ignition system components (spark plugs, plug wires, and distributor) are worn out and need to be replaced. If you’d like to have one of our mobile mechanics come to your location and complete an on-site inspection, please let us know.