Q: I have a. 2000 Mercedes Benz S500. It suddenly won't go into reverse. What should i do? 2000 Mercedes S500

I am having a few issues with my Mercedes shifting into neutral and drive, when o change the gear it goes nowhere but forward! I had it put onto a diagnostic machine and 4transmission codes came back! How do i read them What should i do??

Hello - your Mercedes transmission is in "limp mode". Something has failed in the transmission, and it has engaged 2nd gear as a limited means of getting you to a repair shop. If you could forward the specific codes which are set, that would be helpful for diagnostic purposes - without them, we can only speculate. I recommend a transmission inspection performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, and give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. I have a. 2000 Mercedes Benz S500. It suddenly won't go into reverse. What should i do? 2000 Mercedes S500