Q: Battery saver active mode

asked by on June 06, 2017

I have a 2011 buick lacrosse. I have replaced the battery twice this year, while I was driving last week the battery saver active message came on and car stalled. Buick dealership can't find a reason for this. Please help me, I hate having a car I'm can't trust. They did say I have leak in the water pump.

Battery Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. It’s really odd that the dealership wouldn’t know about this warning light or possible sources. However, battery saver mode comes into play when the electrical system voltage is too low. This mode shuts off "non-essential" components like the AC compressor in order to "get you to a safe place" before the battery is dead. There is likely something wrong with your charging system. One solution is to check the system voltage while the vehicle is running; it should be over 13 volts with a charging alternator and good voltage regulator. If you’d like to have one of our professional mobile mechanics come to your location to diagnose this issue, we’d be happy to assist.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $65/hr