Q: Transmission shifting issue

A few months ago I began a journey into transmission repair. It started with a slipping in second and third gears. So far I have replaced all solenoids. Then I went ahead and bought a kit and had it rebuilt and replaced the torque converter. I just finished having the valve body replaced this week. After each one of these repairs I am still not shifting properly and I'm at a loss at what to do next.

Hello. If the transmission is on the vehicle it has to be diagnosed. Although there are a lot of parts in a transmission, conceptually it is actually pretty simply. There are electronic control circuits, electrically actuated solenoids, and hydraulically actuated values, pistons and clutch packs. The hard parts (gears, shafts, and so forth) are probably not implicated in your issue excepting a circumstance where a seal rides on a surface that is damaged (scratched). There is no way to guess as to what the issue is without tests (e.g., pressure tests) and also the electronic transmission controls (module) would have to be looked at. YourMechanic would be glad to professionally diagnose the transmission issue and let you know of the required repairs.