Q: Horn honking when locking the car

Hi There! How do you stop the horn honking three times when pressing the lock button on the door from the inside? It then honks again when closing the door. I don't want to have to lock the car with the fob after I leave the car. I like pushing the lock button inside the car and closing the door. Same thing with the trunk. When the trunk is open, if it's open longer than about 30 seconds, the car locks all by itself, the horn honks three times. It then honks again when closing the trunk. Sooo tired of this. I've taken it to a Toyota dealer twice. They have no idea what to do.

Hi there. Yes, I believe your Toyota dealer can customize both the "On/Off" and buzzer sound level for "signaling" like you mention. Pg 493-495 of your Owner Manual outlines customization which your dealer can make to default settings. These include "normal" signaling methods (light flicker, sounds, etc.). This might be worth checking with a different Toyota dealer, or calling Toyota Customer Service for more in-depth help with this.

3. Horn honking when locking the car