Q: Crank no start - 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan

2003 Dodge Grand Caravan 3.8L

Driving and stopped at a stop sign and van just shut off and would not start again. Codes are as follows: P0123 TPS HIGH OUTPUT P0118 ECT HIGH INPUT P0442 EVAP CONTROL SYSTEM LEAK P0455 PURGE CONTROL VLV SHORTED P1193 IAC CIRCUIT HIGH INPUT P0509 IAC VALVE SENSE CIRCUIT HIGH

Battery has full charge Fuses all test good Fuel pump pressurized when key turned to on Tank half full Air system is not blocked No spark when cranking

Hello. The most common problem I have seen on this van that will cause this is an electrical short. The wiring harness that runs along the back side of the engine melts and most of the wiring ends up shorting together which will cause all of these issues. I usually check this wiring first. If the wiring is fine, then the control module may have failed. If you need to have an expert scope this out, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your location to diagnose the starting problem and address any issues with the car.

3. Crank no start - 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan