Q: Humming noise coming from Right Front hub, click noise in the steering gear - What is the problem? 2004 Cadillac Escalade

what is the cause of humming noise in the rf susp? Also there is a clicking noise coming from the steering gear box, what is cause of both problems, Thanks.

Hello - I believe the humming noise you mention in the right front wheel area is a worn front wheel bearing/hub assembly. If the noise is louder when turning left while in motion, that would confirm the diagnosis. I would recommend having the right, front wheel bearing replaced by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, diagnose this problem, give you an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs. The clicking noise while turning the steering wheel may be a problem with the upper steering shaft in the steering column. Cadillac has issued a technical service bulletin for problems with the steering performance (# 232985). Check with your Cadillac dealer service center for more information on this repair.

3. Humming noise coming from Right Front hub, click noise in the steering gear - What is the problem? 2004 Cadillac Escalade