Q: Car overheated, now it won't start after cooling it down and putting more water in

After my car overheated I pulled over let the car cool down got out opened the hood put more water in the car just enough to get me home and couldnt get the car started

A: Hey there. There are many things that can h...

Hey there. There are many things that can happen when your engine overheats. The worst of which is a blown cylinder head gasket. When this happens, the gasket between the cylinder and the engine block becomes compromised allowing engine oil to leak into the coolant and coolant to leak into the combustion chamber which allows the coolant to be burnt along with the fuel. This results in the engine loosing coolant very quickly causing it to overheat. As this happens, this also causes the compression in the cylinders to drop eventually resulting in the car not starting as you describe. If you would like to have this done, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car's location to diagnose the cause of the overheating problem and help you get your car back started.