Q: I installed a after market radio in my 2002 Cadillac Deville and no sounds will come from my speakers. But when I put my stock rad

I installed a dual aftermarket radio in my 02 Deville and the radio will turn on but there’s no sounds from my speakers, when I put my stick radio back in there’s sound.

Your car might have a built in amplifier that requires a 12 volt signal to be sent in order to turn on the amplifier. The wiring harness for your stock radio may already accommodate that but the new radio has not been wired to the amplifier, hence no sound. To determine if your car has an external amplifier, it is easiest if you look at the factory wiring diagram. If you car has a built in amplifier, locate the amp turn on signal wire to power the amp on and you will get sound. If you like, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic can get your new radio operational. The service to request is an electrical component diagnostic. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I installed a after market radio in my 2002 Cadillac Deville and no sounds will come from my speakers. But when I put my stock rad