Q: Car loud with exhaust leak

asked by on February 16, 2016

My car is loud, and I have an exhaust leak. The catalytic converter is out.

Noise from engine or exhaust Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

If you removed the catalytic converter, then that may be the cause of your noise, since it works like a muffler to slow the exhaust down, and lower noise levels. The exhaust leak would need to be located to see what the problem is. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as ones from YourMechanic, come by and run a diagnostic on your noise issue and exhaust leak.