Q: Testing the frequency of my MAP Sensor, it appears to adjust to pressure, but is not in range.

I checked the frequency of my MAP sensor and it's starting frequency was 86hz with the engine off at no pressure, and bottomed out at around 46hz. Is this thing toast?

If you are getting a reading of 89HZ out of the MAP sensor with the key on then this is an indication that you are above 15,000 feet in elevation. This would cause the computer to run your vehicle with very little fuel and run lean, misfire and hesitate or even no start or stall. The sensor is bad.

3. Testing the frequency of my MAP Sensor, it appears to adjust to pressure, but is not in range.