Q: Intermittent heat, door motor moves hit and miss. I got anew motor, but this one does not move. I'm assuming there's no electricity to the door motor.

asked by on October 31, 2016

I want to check the switch on the dash as to it supplying electricity to the motor. How do I get into the dash switch?

Hello, thanks for writing in. In order to access the heater switch in the dash you will have to disassemble the vehicle’s dashboard and center console. Once the appropriate interior trim components are removed the switch can be accessed.

I would test the switch to see if there is power going to, and from it. If the switch is bad it may simply need to be replaced. I would also check the vehicle’s climate control module. The climate control module is the component that controls the the A/C and heater functions. If it has an issue, which is not uncommon, it can cause the symptoms you are experiencing.

To avoid any unnecessary repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office to diagnose the issue with your A/C and fix it accordingly.