Q: Flex pipe leak

I have a 2003 Chevy Malibu. The motor mounts are bad. Just found out the flex pipe is bad. It's really loud, and it's leaking fumes. Do I have to replace the whole catalytic converter, or can a muffler shop weld the flex pipe? I don't have a lot of money to fix it. Which should be done first? Motor mounts or flex pipe, or do they go hand in hand?

The flex pipe broke due to the motor mounts are bad and mounts should be repaired first and then an exhaust shop should be able to just replace the flex pipe for you.

3. Flex pipe leak