Q: Truck sputters at 1500 rpms

With my truck in park if I throttle it up it sputters at 1500 rpms. Throttle higher it smooths out. Check engine light has came on checked code it says catalytic system failure fuel lean or something like that bank 1. I replaced both outflow inflow o2 sensors on driver side. Check engine light came back on saying same thing 5 days later and truck still sputters. It has no hesitation when I take off or pass someone. But when going down road around 1500 2000 rpms it sputters and also when in park also replaced spark plugs.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

In some cases, an OBD-II code like you’ve described can be triggered by the electrical harness attached to a sensor. So, it’s possible that the reason you’re having this idle problem is due to the harness being faulty as opposed to the O2 sensors themselves. Try replacing the electrical attachments from the sensors to the ECU and see if that clears things up. If not, you’ll most likely want to have a professional mechanic complete a detailed check engine light inspection to pinpoint the source of the problem.