Q: Brother in law changed oil in my 2007 mustang. Oil light came on while driving. Car shut down. Engine light and battery light came

Brother in law changed oil in my 2007 mustang I JUST got. Oil light came on while driving. Car shut down. Engine light and battery light came on. Oil is everywhere. What could have happened?

A possibility is a loose or missing oil fill cap and/or a large leak at the oil filter. There is a thick rubber ring gasket that seals the oil filter base to the engine. The gasket has to be applied to the filter base on the engine without the old gasket stuck on the filter base. Sometimes the old gasket is inadvertently left behind. If that happens, often the new gasket seal won’t hold against the oil pressure because you have two gaskets stacked on each other, the old one without any support from the filter case itself. The old seal is then able to dislodge and pops out once oil pressure is developed. An inadequately tightened filter (no extra seal; just too loose filter) is another possibility. If you desire advice as to how to get this cleaned up, and of course an oil filter change, please request service and the responding mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. Brother in law changed oil in my 2007 mustang. Oil light came on while driving. Car shut down. Engine light and battery light came