Q: Accelerator not as responsive at times.

Intermittenly while driving my accelerator doesn't respond as sensitively. I have had this problem since 6 months after I bought it. The only light that comes on is the battery light for a split second as I turn the key over to turn the car off. I have had stall outs as the car is heating up from a cold engine and the battery light comes on when it stalls. It usually stalls when I start driving the car. When it stalls I am able to start it right back up no problem. Chrysler replaced the battery but it made no difference except instead of stalling my car stumbles around as it is warming up now. Dealer service manager thinks it is the APP sensor which he says is pretty common on my car. Tomorrow I am biting the bullet and having him replace the entire accelerator pedal because the sensor is a part of the pedal because Chrysler is dumb and won't replace a part unless a light comes on or codes are thrown. Thoughts? Lol

Hello. This may be a sign of a failing throttle position sensor. The throttle position sensor (TPS) is a sensor used to monitor the throttle position of the throttle plate inside the throttle body in relation to your foot position on the gas pedal.

The sensor is usually located on the throttle plate so that it can directly monitor the position of the throttle. The ECU then makes the direction to supply more or less fuel to the motor. When this sensor is not working properly, this can cause intermittent responses when pressing the gas pedal. If you want to have this work done outside of the dealer, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect the acceleration issue and replace the accelerator pedal sensor as necessary.