Q: Clutch Problem with Jeep Patriot

I have a 2014 Jeep Patriot 2.4L and manual transmission. There is a rattling sound when I release the clutch and when the clutch is fully depressed, the rattling sound subsides bit it is still very noticeable. I can still shift through all gears and my car seems to be driving okay. But the rattling noise is getting worse so I don't want to continue to drive it. I was told that it could be the pressure plate. Please advise. I would like to make an appt with you if you can fix it for a reasonable price.

The clutch system does have several parts that if worn or failing could account for the rattling noise. The system would have to be inspected first hand though to pinpoint the exact issue and estimate the cost. If you desire such a diagnostic, please use YourMechanic’s clutch system diagnostic page - noise to schedule the diagnostic service and the responding certified mechanic will then immediately let you know of the required repair, and cost, once the exact origin of the noise is confirmed. If the noise originates in the pressure plate, release bearing and so forth, typically there is quite a bit of work involved, potentially including re-facing of the flywheel depending on its condition, but a detail such as that can only be determined after disassembly. You will save money though, and get identical or better results, by having the repair performed on a mobile basis right at your location. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.

3. Clutch Problem with Jeep Patriot