Q: Vibration in the steering wheel when turning into a parking spot or driveway.

Whenever I turn into a parking spot or into my driveway, there is a vibration coming from the wheel. This doesn't happen while I'm driving. How serious could this be and do you feel the car can be driven? Is this something that should be looked into right away?

Hi there. This sounds like there could be a potential problem in the power steering system. A shuddering/sticking valve in the steering rack, a weak power steering pump, or low fluid level may be the cause.

For an issue like this, I strongly suggest a qualified technician perform an inspection to pinpoint the cause of your vibration and prevent one failure from turning into multiple failures. YourMechanic has several technicians available that can assist you with a power steering inspection and provide you with an estimate and direction of needed repair.

3. Vibration in the steering wheel when turning into a parking spot or driveway.