Q: Stuck thermostatcausing pressure build up??

Just had the water pump and timing belt re done on my 1998 Volvo v70 and 2.4 turbo and ever since the reservoir has been getting super pressurized and dumping fluid out could this Ben from a stuck thermostat because it has leaked quiet a bit of like around there?

Hello, thank you for writing in. Something is causing the cooling system to overheat, and the pressure then builds up in the reservoir tank. A failing thermostat would absolutely cause the system to overheat and build pressure. If you are already seeing signs of leaking near or from the thermostat housing there is a good chance this is where the problem lies. With that being said, if a new thermostat does not solve the problem, you will want to have the radiator flushed and its cap tested. Start by double checking the thermostat’s leak and verify the leak is there. Take any further diagnosis needed from there. For any further help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Stuck thermostatcausing pressure build up??