Q: Power surge after I use the brakes

My 2011 Honda CR-V (20k miles) acted up terribly today. I pulled up to a stop sign and came to a complete stop while cars passed in front of me. As I was taking my foot off of the brake pedal, the car suddenly accelerated! It was terrifying! It’s a good thing that I waited for the road to be clear before pulling out, and there was no crash. I managed to barely keep the car on the road, but now I am VERY nervous driving it. What causes this and how can I make sure it never happens again?

The issue you describe can be very dangerous for you and your passengers. I have read many instances of other owners having similar issues, some of which have caused accident that have led to injury(according to their statements). It looks like there may be pending litigation and lawsuits that are being brought against Honda on the issue. I can not speculate on your problem since there has not been any verifiable fixes for the issue. Of all the issues brought to the dealer or manufacturers attention, I have not found any incident where they have successfully identified the problem or a solution. My recommendation would be to take your vehicle to a dealer to have it checked. Make sure to document your incident with them as well as every time it happens in the future.

3. Power surge after I use the brakes