Q: When I drive mostly slow, but also when I'm going fast the front right tire has a bounce to it. New tire, what could it be?

asked by on September 04, 2016

When I'm driving it bounces almost feels up and down. When I'm driving slow it's got more of a bounce, when I'm going faster it still bounces just not as bad. I just put all new tires on so I know the tire is not the problem. I'm just not sure if that is a tie rod problem, a strut problem or what haven't done much work on vehicles besides basic work. Thank you for any information you can give me and thanks for your time.

Hello, thanks for writing in about your Chevrolet Monte Carlo. If the problem did not start until you installed the tires then the tire is most likely bad and has a flat spot. I suggest taking it back to the shop that installed it to have them recheck the tire. If they’re not able to pinpoint the issue, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose the bouncing you’re experiencing for an accurate repair.