Q: Fvcv

asked by on September 27, 2017

Yes what is fvcv solenoid exactly and where is it at on my 98 dodge dakota truck I got a p0001 code and I need to check that. Any help would be apreciated

Hi Danny. Thanks for contacting us tonight. The fuel volume control valve (FVCV) is found on high pressure pump on most modern common rail diesel engines. It regulates the volume of fuel from the internal transfer pump to the high pressure pumping components. The valve adjusts the low pressure side of the system to meet the demands of the engine. The code P-0001 indicates a problem with the fuel volume regulator control circuit has an open circuit. The PCM monitors the state of the FVCV circuit and sets this code when it finds a problem - typically that it is open. This means that a component or sensor in a system is deprived of the reference voltage it needs to work. Causes of open circuits are many and varied, but for the most part, this type of code is caused by broken wiring, poor connections across electrical connectors or previously repaired wiring, loss of ground that prevents current flow, blown fuses, defective relays, faulty switches, or any of a host of other issues and problems that prevents the flow of current through wiring.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr