Q: I Have a 2005 Dodge Durango 5.7l hemi. The pcv valve broke flush to the top of the intake manifold. Any suggestions on removal?

asked by on August 15, 2017

I Have a 2005 Dodge Durango 5.7l hemi. The pcv valve broke flush to the top of the intake manifold. Any suggestions on removal?

Any removal technique has to ensure no valve fragments fall into the area under the valve cover. Either an appropriate tool has to be threaded into the remainder to pull the valve fragment up and out or you have to pry out the valve. Often the grommet will have hardened and that makes it trickier to remove. To request service on this, please use YourMechanic’s PCV valve service page. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic because we want you to make the most of your repair dollars and help you to get the best possible results.