Q: Are all the motor mounts the same on the sides and in the front?

I need a front motor mount but when I look for the part it asks me for the left or right and I just need the front?

A: No, they aren’t. Typically there are four m...

No, they aren’t. Typically there are four main mounts that support the motor and the transmission. Depending on the parts source you buy from, it is important to be specific about the position of the mount. Mounts may or may not be designated as a engine or transmission mount. The most important information to understand when ordering mounts is to designate the front of the motor vs the front of the car. Again, how this is designated is dependent upon the parts supplier and or parts manufacturer. This can be very confusing at times. For this reason, I will often take a picture of the mount I need and take it to the parts store with me for a positive ID of the mount. If you are buying online, you will need to rely on pictures provided on the website.

Determining if you are purchasing the correct mount is very often a challenge due to discrepancy in naming conventions and designating locations on the vehicle. Not to mention the many different designs that don’t follow the simplicity of front, left, right designations. Unless you are purchasing from a dealer with help from one of their parts specialists, I only rely on visual confirmation.

When they ask you for left or right, I suspect they are asking for the left of right of the motor opposed to left or right of the car. Your motor is mounted sideways in your Cadillac. Keep this in mind and you will be able to make sense of your motor mount situation. If you should need further assistance, I recommend contacting customer service for more help.