Q: P0174 bank 2 system too lean. If I keep driving with this code will I damage my engine? My car doesn't seem to be driving poorly

asked by on November 17, 2017

Check engine light just went on. Only had the car 3days. Code p0174 bank 2 system too lean code stored. What is this and can I continue to drive it until I can take it in? My car doesn't seem to be driving poorly.

If your engine is running lean and you continue to drive on it with this condition, it can cause your engine to overheat and potentially damaged internal engine parts. Running rich is always better than running lean because extra fuel at least will ensure that the engine stays cool. If the engine is not getting enough fuel the cooling system alone will not prevent the engine from overheating.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr