Q: Loss of power and stalling when braking.

My RPMs lower to approximately 500 when braking. The car has already stalled once when this happens.

A: Having your car stall on you when you are t...

Having your car stall on you when you are trying to brake can be a frustrating and dangerous experience. Your RPMS dropping low and your vehicle stalling can be caused by a few different problems. The issue may be due to something simple, such as vacuum leak or a dirty throttle body. Or it is possible that the EGR valve is sticking closed and stalling your car when you come to a stop. Due to the fact that there can be various causes that could duplicate the same symptoms, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of certified mechanic to help verify why your car is having these symptoms.