Q: Loss of power and stalling when braking.

My RPMs lower to approximately 500 when braking. The car has already stalled once when this happens.

Having your car stall on you when you are trying to brake can be a frustrating and dangerous experience. Your RPMS dropping low and your vehicle stalling can be caused by a few different problems. The issue may be due to something simple, such as vacuum leak or a dirty throttle body. Or it is possible that the EGR valve is sticking closed and stalling your car when you come to a stop. Due to the fact that there can be various causes that could duplicate the same symptoms, I highly recommend enlisting the assistance of certified mechanic to help verify why your car is having these symptoms.