Q: The car battery doesn't seem to be charging I replace the alternator and the battery the car runs for about 10 minutes and everyth

asked by on October 18, 2016

My Mercedes runs about 10 minutes and everything electrical shuts down and the car dies I have replaced the battery an alternator what's next?

This may be related to a failing voltage regulator or potentially a bad ground connection. As you may know, the voltage regulator regulates the amount of charging the alternator provides to the battery. When this is not working correctly, this can cause the battery to not charge properly. The other possibility may be potentially a bad ground connection somewhere in your electrical system or potentially a short which may cause the power failure you’ve described. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to take a look at your charging system.