Q: A/c works but has no ambient air temp sensor

Hi, my a/c has worked fine, besides the fact that the ambient air temp sensor wires were cut so the outside air display just show two dashes--... i decided to buy a new sensor and wire it up(makeshift) i dont have the harness so i just used like bridges... anyways when i started the car the temp popped up on the dash like it was supposed to but, the a/c then blew only warm air!!! It started making a clicking noise about 5 to 8 clicks like the compressor was trying to kick in and out. Also my idle bogged waaaaay down.... i looked at the fuse box under the hood and it looks like the 10amp fuse labeled a/c is missing, i tried to put in the new fuse but the clips the fuse slide into arent there either please help point me in a direction

A: Hello there. It sounds like something weird...

Hello there. It sounds like something weird happened when you connected the new sensor and rewired it.

From what you have described, there may a a short somewhere in the system that is causing the AC system to act up, or the fuse is blown.

If the fuse hole is empty, it may be an optional one from the factory for cars that had additional or other options from your vehicle.

A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose this fault and perform any repairs required.