Q: I have a 2004 cadillac srx. Today the engine light started blinking and the car shakes when you accelerate

Today while driving the engine light started blinking and the car would shake when I pushed on the accelerator

The engine is undoubtedly misfiring (the blinking light is associated with misfiring) and once the OBD-II trouble codes are read they will undoubtedly reflect that. Without the specific codes though, it is unknowable whether the misfiring is global (random, across all cylinders) or pinpointed in one or more specific cylinders. Generally, the causes of cylinder misfiring include faulty spark plugs, low compression, damage or excessive wear of spark plug wires and/or coils, faulty fuel injectors, clogged EGR valves or tubes, burned valves, improper ignition timing, vacuum leaks, leaking head gasket, faulty camshaft sensor, faulty crankshaft sensor, faulty mass air flow sensor, faulty oxygen sensor, faulty throttle position sensor, faulty catalytic converter, and others. If you want the cause pinpointed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a misfiring diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this diagnosed and resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic.

3. I have a 2004 cadillac srx. Today the engine light started blinking and the car shakes when you accelerate