Q: Car immobilizer issue or faulty ignition switch?

This car has been repaired after a minor front end collision. No air bags were deployed. But car will not crank or try to start now. All dash lights come on as normal when key is turned to accessory and all go out when key is turned to start. There is no clicking or any noises when you try to start.

Could this be caused by a faulty ignition switch or the car immobilizer?

If the vehicle is getting power and the light are coming on the dash, then the immobilizer has the ignition system disabled. Check the fuel cut off switch (vehicle safety switch) and see if it has been tripped. If the switch is tripped, then reset the switch and see if the engine will start. If the switch has not been tripped, then the ignition system could be turned off for the airbag wires are damaged in the front causing the system to think that the vehicle is still in an accident. Check all of the wiring on the front of the vehicle and make sure that everything is hooked up correctly. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not starting, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Car immobilizer issue or faulty ignition switch?