Q: Can I use a 4.0 V6 engine from Tacoma or 4Runner for a replacement on 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser?

I need to replace an engine on my 07 FJ Cruiser. Can I use a 4.0 V6 engine from Tacoma or 4Runner for a replacement on 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser?

The 2007 model FJ Cruiser and Toyota Tacomas do have the same 4.0 V6 motor, which was not updated until 2010 when Toyota changed the VVT set up on the FJ Cruiser. This was not changed at that time for the Tacoma model.

3. Can I use a 4.0 V6 engine from Tacoma or 4Runner for a replacement on 07 Toyota FJ Cruiser?