Q: Idle in drive then died now won't crank or start

Was idling in drive. Then died now won't crank or start.

My truck 2009 f250 diesel 6.4 L has 125000 miles.
My truck has an automatic transmission.

Exhaust Gas Recirculation/EGR Valve Replacement $144.81 - $884.51 Get a Quote

Hi there. Sounds like the engine gas recirculation valve (EGR) is coming on when the engine is at an idle. Check the EGR and see if its plugged in and working. If so, then remove the EGR valve and clean it and push in the valve inside it and make sure that it can move freely. Then put the valve back on and see if the engine will stall out or stay running. If the engine still continues to stall out, then I recommend replacing the EGR valve. If the engine still continues to stall out after replacing the EGR valve, then I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your stalling issue.