Q: ABS light on, rattling sound coming from the engine - 2005 Chevrolet Suburban

My car has 139,000 miles on it. Several days ago I was driving at 55 mph when the dashboard started showing the ABS light on. At the same time, I noticed a rattle that seemed to be coming from the area around the engine. What could be the problem?

A: Due to this being a possible safety concern...

Due to this being a possible safety concern you will want to have this issue looked at as soon as possible. GM has several TSB's out for various ABS and stability system issues. All of these TSB's do have specific fault codes associated with them and these repairs target specific areas of the ABS system. Fault codes should be read out to determine the direction of the diagnosis. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to read out faults and determine the necessary steps for repair of the ABS system.