Q: It will crank but will not turn on. Leaving a smell of gas

My suv a couple months ago it was stalling and turning off while at a stop, it stop doing that for about 2 months but now it will crank but doesn't turn on leaving a strong sense of gas.

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having spark issues. If the spark is not strong enough to ignite all of the fuel, or does not ignite the fuel at all, the spark plugs may not be working adequately. If all of the plugs are being effected, you will want to look into the ignition coil and the condition of the spark plug wires. The ignition system can be tested several different ways, the safest of which is with a spark tester. The fuel system may also be leaking and flooding the engine. Fuel injectors, fuel pressure regulators, and bad fuel pumps can all cause this to happen. The engine may also be suffering from a lack of fuel due to a fuel leak leaking onto the engine. Do a visual inspection and some further testing on the listed components.

3. It will crank but will not turn on. Leaving a smell of gas