Q: Speedometer stopped working

Speedometer goes crazy then works, replaced sensor worked couple days,then stopped working, check engine light came on,replaced it again, still don't work and now check engine light back on, code says speed sensor help,I'm disabled and not much money need jeep to go to doctor appointments

A: The vehicle speed sensor signal can be test...

The vehicle speed sensor signal can be tested using a scanner since the signal will go to the engine control module and the speedometer. If the signal is good to the ECM, then you most likely have a bad speedometer. If the signal is erratic to the ECM, then you may have a wiring problem or a repeat sensor problem. But since you replaced the sensor, then the problem may be the wiring or the sensor ring inside the transmission or a bad gear that runs it. By using an advanced scan tool, there may be additional information that a technician can read from the Check Engine Light to pinpoint the issue. I recommend having the speedometer system diagnosed more thoroughly by a professional mechanic to ensure that the correct repairs are made this time.