Q: Battery is dead and when I jump it it runs but after I turn key off it won't start again

I can not seem to understand the battery is dead and after I jump it it runs like usual but after shutting car off and trying to start it again battery is dead

A: Jump starting a vehicle relies on the &quot...

Jump starting a vehicle relies on the "jumper car" and not the car that is dead. By using the jumper vehicle, your battery gets power from the other car. Once your car is running, if the battery is good, it will get recharged simply by driving. The alternator will charge it. If your battery is bad however, it will not recharge. That's why it will not restart the next time. Odds are you need a new battery. If you need some help with getting this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home to diagnose your draining battery so an accurate repair can be made.