Q: How do the xenon headlights work?

How do the xenon headlights work?

Your Altima may be equipped with either standard halogen headlights or xenon headlights depending on the trim level you selected. If you have xenon bulbs, there are a few things you need to know about the system as they’re very different from halogens.

1. Xenon bulbs create very high voltage during operation. Never work on them yourself.

2. If you notice color fluctuations with your headlights after first turning them on, this is normal. It should stop within a few seconds.

3. Frequently turning your headlights on and off will greatly reduce the life of xenon bulbs. Only turn on the headlights when necessary (they do not automatically turn on with the running lights).

4. If you notice a significant reduction in light output, or the light seems reddish, your bulbs are nearing the end of their life and need to be replaced.