Q: After 10 minutes driving, engine stalls - 2003 Saturn LW300

After I have been driving for about 10 minutes, my car’s engine will stall. Then it will not started for 2-3 hours. When it does restart, it is only for 10 minutes and then stalls again. While idling, sometimes the engine will stall. There are times when the engine light (the one with the wrench) comes on and my car then shifts roughly. If I turn off the car and then restart it, the light will go off and then it shifts normally. What do you suggest that will fix my car’s problems?

Hello. It sounds like you are having two different problems. The first is the stalling. I think your fuel pump is causing the stalling. The second is the wrench light and transmission not shifting correct. I think it may be a speed sensor, but since the light was on, it will have stored a fault code. This code should be retrieved and diagnosed to pinpoint the problem. For a more in-depth diagnosis, an expert from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling problem and Check Engine Light to have these issues addressed properly.