Q: I have a crack in my bumper. Do I need to replace the whole thing?

I have a crack in my bumper. Do I need to replace the whole thing? Is there any way to get around that?

Assuming the crack is more than just a crack in the paint, I would say yes, and here is why. It will cost more money to repair the bumper than it will to simply replace it. There are many quality after market parts available for your Civic. Replacing your bumper may appear to be a daunting task, but in reality it is usually quite simple. Another option is a wrecking yard. It is fairly easy to locate a bumper for your car that is already painted and the same color as your car. Most new parts will require painting.

As for getting around replacing the bumper, I have seen and done many creative things when a customer is tight for cash. There is likely another solution if all you need is for your car to be drivable. If your are worried about cosmetics, it will take more time and money. As for what exactly can be done for your specific car is heavily dependent on the condition of your bumper.

3. I have a crack in my bumper. Do I need to replace the whole thing?