Q: Fuse continually blows when A/C is turned on

I am having trouble with my air conditioning system. The air conditioning was functioning normally and then suddenly it totally quit. When I checked the fuse, I saw that it had blown, so I replaced it. However, I had to replace it several times. Every time I would push the A/C button on the dashboard, the new fuse would blow out. Over and over this happened. The air conditioning will turn on for a second before the fuse blows. What can I do to fix this a/c and fuse problem?

Hello there. This is a common issue with the Suzuki Vitara. There are a few different faults that could cause the fuse to blow repeatedly and the AC not to function. When a fuse repeatedly blows, this is typically an indication of a larger issue. Rarely does replacing the fuse resolve the issue in the long run. Likely causes for this include: a wiring short, wire harness damage, high AC pressure, the compressor clutch, or a failing AC switch. If you would like to have this resolved, a certified mechanic from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the AC system firsthand to determine the best fix.

3. Fuse continually blows when A/C is turned on