Q: Whan engine is warm, it shuts off and won't restart

My truck has a 318 engine, 4WD, and a 2-barrel carburetor. When the engine is warm, it shuts off and will not start. I have to wait around 45-60 minutes and then it will start. I am thinking that the problem might be the ignition module, coil ballasts, or the coil (but I don't really think that it’s the coil). Also, I know it’s not a fuel problem and I'm considering strongly that it is probably an electrical problem. In your estimation, what is the cause of this problem?

A: Hello there, thank you for asking about you...

Hello there, thank you for asking about your 1985 Dodge Ramcharger. We must determine what is going on when the engine is warm that causes the no start. The proper fuel pressure and ignition signals must be present or it will cause a stall like you are experiencing. The problem may be a component like an ignition coil or a sensor that begins to fail once it heats up. One of our mobile mechanics can come to your home or office to determine why your car won't start and replace the ignition coil if it is failing.