Q: Hi is it possible to confuse a faulty fuel pump with a faulty throttle body on a VW Tiguan (Australian model)?

HI,

I recently had major work done to my VW Tiguan - 2009 model 120,000km, "Apparently" has a misfire caused by a faulty high pressure fuel pump.

Along with this we were told the Engine vacuum pump was had an oil leak and needed replacing along with the water pump.

Within 4 weeks, we were back at the centre to due to EPC error - Return to workshop..

Since then we have changed the spark plugs, coils, but we are still getting the EPC 'return to workshop error.

We have now been advised the throttle body is faulty.

My question is - could all the issues been just symptoms of the real problem of the throttle body?

Is it possible tha the Fuel pump fault was confused with a throttle body fault?

Hi there. To see if the fuel pump is working properly, install a fuel pressure gauge on the fuel rail with the fuel system in a closed loop and have the gauge visible to the driver with the hood shut. Start up the vehicle and drive the vehicle around. Monitor the fuel pressure as you would normally drive the vehicle. If at any time the fuel pressure drops, then there is an issue with the delivery of the fuel system and the pump may be failing or have a loose connection. If the fuel pressure is solid all of the time and does not drop, then the throttle body may be sticking or the throttle position sensor is not working. If you need further assistance with your EPC light being on, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Hi is it possible to confuse a faulty fuel pump with a faulty throttle body on a VW Tiguan (Australian model)?