Q: What oil type should be used for my car and how often should it be changed?

Took my 2012 Mercedes Benz, back to the dealership for my first oil change since I purchased it in January of 2016. In looking at my receipt, the oil used looks like regular oil and the sticker placed on my car indicates that I should come back at 5000 miles. I am concerned that the wrong oil was used on my car.

The oil specifications show synthetic oil in one of these weights 0w30, 5w30, 0w40, 5w40. The oil change interval is every 5,000 miles.

3. What oil type should be used for my car and how often should it be changed?