Q: Key won't turn, Check Engine light on.

Key does not turn in the ignition and the Check Engine light is on. I checked both oil and water and they are okay.

A: If it is the correct key and it is inserted...

If it is the correct key and it is inserted all of the way in, then most likely the cylinder is bad. Wiggle the key around while trying to turn it. It may eventually unlock and turn, but this problem will not go away, the ignition cylinder must be replaced. Also, be sure that your gear shifter is all the way in Park. Some cars lock the key cylinder if the Park switch isn't met or the shifter isn't in Park. Also apply pressure to the key of your car and turn the steering wheel back and forth until you find the free spot. A mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic can come and replace the key tumbler assembly if these things do not work.