Q: Why would my brake light come on in my 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman

I have a 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman and the red brake light just came on. What will it cost to have the brake pads changed?

Hello. The cost to repair this would depend on what the issue is. If the brake light came on most of the time that is because the brake fluid is low. It usually gets low due to low brake pads. If it is the brake pad warning light then that definitely means that you need brakes. Most of the time these cars also need rotors when doing brakes as they are designed to work at very high temperatures so they usually wear out the rotors quickly. If you are looking to have your brakes done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [check your brakes] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/brakes-steering-and-suspension-inspection

3. Why would my brake light come on in my 2011 Mini Cooper Clubman