Q: Car started, stalled, and now won't start at all.

A car I just bought had a warning light come on. It ran, but idled roughly after driving and shutting off, and then attempting to restart. It would run fine after the idle became good and steady. Recently, I was driving it and stopped to eat. When I came out and started the car, it started roughly, then died, and now won't restart.

A: A rough idle indicates that your engine is ...

A rough idle indicates that your engine is misfiring. There are many reasons why a car would misfire. It could be a bad ignition coil or spark plug. It could also be a bad control module or wiring issue. If any of these problems got bad enough it is possible that eventually the car would not start. I would ask for help from one of the mechanics at YourMechanic to diagnose what is causing your car to have all these problems.