My car vibrates when sitting still idling 20,000 miles on...

Q: My car vibrates when sitting still idling 20,000 miles on it and it's a 2016, just had oil change and tire rotation and went out o

asked by on March 27, 2018

Car vibrates while sitting still idling, just had oil change and tire rotation, went out of town about 550 miles round trip

Engine vibration at idle is due to either faulty motor mounts or an engine management fault (ignition, fuel, air induction, etc. but also including uneven cylinder compression and mechanical issues) or perhaps a combination of the two. The root cause(s) of the problem can be pinpointed if you request an engine vibration diagnostic. To evaluate motor mounts, you can try shifting from "neutral" to "drive" and back, while the engine is running. If the vibrations disappear or reduce dramatically in "neutral," it’s likely that you need new engine mounts. All other tests will require sophisticated diagnostic tools and hence I encourage you to request the engine vibration diagnostic to get this resolved. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.