Q: Steering wheel resistance at 12 o'clock position

On my car’s steering wheel there is resistance in the 12 o’clock position when I am driving at highway speeds. Because of this I have to over-correct and it is very difficult to keep the car in a straight-driving pattern. I have read that this has previously been reported and was called the ‘notch’ feeling in the electric steering. I was told by both the dealer and the manufacturer that there is no fix to this problem! In your professional experience, what can be done to fix this problem?

Hi there, thank you for writing about your 2013 Audi S5. Your vehicle has electrically-assisted steering, so your car’s power steering module may be causing the steering problems. Audi has a software update for the power steering module - Ref: Bulletin 48K8; J500. Check with your Audi dealer on this fix. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your steering problem.

3. Steering wheel resistance at 12 o'clock position