Q: Steering wheel resistance at 12 o'clock position

On my car’s steering wheel there is resistance in the 12 o’clock position when I am driving at highway speeds. Because of this I have to over-correct and it is very difficult to keep the car in a straight-driving pattern. I have read that this has previously been reported and was called the ‘notch’ feeling in the electric steering. I was told by both the dealer and the manufacturer that there is no fix to this problem! In your professional experience, what can be done to fix this problem?

A: Hi there, thank you for writing about your ...

Hi there, thank you for writing about your 2013 Audi S5. Your vehicle has electrically-assisted steering, so your car's power steering module may be causing the steering problems. Audi has a software update for the power steering module - Ref: Bulletin 48K8; J500. Check with your Audi dealer on this fix. If you want to have this checked by a certified mechanic, a technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your steering problem.