Q: Q: Alternator

I think i have a bad alternator. when i jump my car the car drives slowly before completely stalling. all the lights are either dim or off. my main concern is the car driving slow before it stalls. is that a common sign?

The alternator is needed to keep the battery charged and provide enough power to keep the engine running and transmission shifting. A low power situation will cause the engine to have low power and the transmission may not shift. The fuel pump will not run at full pressure and speed and the ignition will not provide full power. If you want to have this diagnosed, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your car’s location to inspect the stalling issue you are experiencing, and advise you on a repair.

3. Q: Alternator