Q: How do I find the emergency key?

How do I find the emergency key?

If your car is equipped with the Remote Keyless Entry (RKE) key fob, then you also have an emergency key. The RKE system allows you to unlock your vehicle without inserting a key, but it is electronically powered, which means that it will no longer work if the battery in your car is dead. The RKE transmitter can also malfunction, which will keep the keyless entry from working. In either of these events, you’ll need to locate the emergency key, which is located in the key fob.

To access the emergency key, open the mechanical latch at the top of the key fob, and pull out the emergency key.

The emergency key works just like a standard key.

It is a smart safety precaution to remove the emergency key from the key fob whenever you leave your key fob with someone, such as a valet service. That way, in the event of an emergency, you’ll be able to get in your vehicle as quickly as possible.

3. How do I find the emergency key?